[RFI] RFI from solar system and inverters

Raymond Benny rayn6vr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 12:06:36 EST 2020

Bill,

My 6 kw solar system uses Solar World panels and an SMA inverter, I have no
RFI.

The key is not using solar panels with built in inverters and a quiet
inverter. SMA inverters are German made and know to be quiet.

Before I invested, I did some RFI sniffing with a portable SWL RX. One
location had an SMA inverter, the other had a Fontis, not sure of the
spelling. At 3ft I could hear about a S5 noise, at 10ft, no noise at all.

I also chose a well informed dealer/ installer, and told him abt my concern
about RFI. He said that he had not heard of any noise issues with his
involved changing out the inverter.

Another nice feature with SMA, the inverter connects to the internet and to
their site in Germany, so if anything goes wrong, you are send an email
saying there is a problem. And, you can download an app to you phone or
computer and monitor you output, neat!

Hope this helps.

Ray,
N6VR,