[RFI] LED streetlights - Lumenistics

Gary K9GS k9gs at gjschwartz.com
Thu Mar 5 10:10:08 EST 2020

FYI...Luministics is not a lighting manufacturer. They are a consulting company that works with their clients to transition from conventional lighting to LED lighting.They file the paperwork,  design and specify the fixtures, calculate ROI and energy savings, etc.73,Gary K9GS
-------- Original message --------From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo at gmail.com> Date: 3/4/20  8:57 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: rfi <rfi at contesting.com> Subject: Re: [RFI] LED streetlights - Lumenistics My city is in the process of converting over to LED street lamps fromthe gas/vapor lamps that require h.v. to fire.  These lamps are anuisance because when they start to fail, they cycle off and re-fireuntil they lose voltage, go dark and re-fire and this continues untilthey completely fail or someone calls in the lamp to the electricaldepartment and they come out and fix it.   Upon gas ignition, there'sa brief burst of RFI.  I'm looking forward to the LEDs because I hopethis sort of failure won't happen.  I went out to one the the LEDlight poles a few months ago with a Grundig Yachtboy shortwave rx andtuned from medium wave up through 20 meters while standing right underthe lamp and I heard zero RFI so I relaxed about it here, but I haveno idea if they were Lumenistics or something else.73RobK5UJ_______________________________________________RFI mailing listRFI at contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/rfi