[RFI] Green Wire RFI

Michael Germino ad6aa at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 15 12:43:23 EST 2020

Scott,
Why would your "gas water heater" be connected to the house power?
You made me recheck mine.  It appears to have a battery in the controller.

Mike73, AD6AA

    On Friday, November 13, 2020, 5:48:53 PM MST, K9MA <k9ma at sdellington.us> wrote:

 While I generally agree that the green (ground) wire should go through the CM choke, here’s an exception: My gas water heater was shutting down whenever I was on 160. It has a grounding cord, but the ground is totally redundant because the tank is tied into the copper plumbing. (That would not be the case with non-metallic plumbing.) I made a choke with a two-wire extension cord, and left the green wire open. No more cold showers.

73,
Scott K9MA