[RFI] Green Wire RFI

K9MA k9ma at sdellington.us
Sun Nov 15 14:06:49 EST 2020

It is a “Direct Vent” type, with a blower and electrical ignition.

Of course, I verified that the tank was connected to the copper plumbing and electrical system ground. I could connect the green wire without going through the CM choke, though it would be redundant. Including that wire in the choke would short it out, making it ineffective on the hot and neutral wires. I can see how this could be a problem with other equipment which has a direct ground connection in addition to the green wire. In such cases, if there’s RFI on the green wire, it probably should have a separate choke. Thankfully, I’ve never had to deal with that.

73,
Scott K9MA

Scott Ellington

 --- via iPad