[RFI] Inverters?

Clay Autery KY5G at montac.com
Mon Sep 21 12:19:59 EDT 2020

Some devices tolerate "dirty" power more than others....
I can tell you that computers don't like stepped sine wave or square
waves of any sort on the juice input....  It barrels right across the
power supply somehow and jacks with processor, memory timing, et al.

I want SMOOTH, clean power...  preferably a perfect AC sine wave and
flat DC that is dead nuts on to what I want it to be.
I consider it CRITICAL to have clean power.  So much so that I am
building DC Power stations with large batteries, an MPPT charge
controller that is fed from AC mains so that all the wall warts are
eliminated AND all devices are isolated from AC mains such that they can
only "see" DC.

I am actually re-engineering the electrical system in my RV right now to
accomodate shore power, generator, solar, and 400 AmpHr of LFP batteries.
I can't rewire the entire trailer because I'd have to disassemble it...
but I am going to do everything I can to AVOID any RFI challenges by
using quality components and every trick in Jim's bag-o-tricks, the ARRL
RFI book, et al.

One of my clubs used a huge Honda EU series for FD a couple years ago.
It was dead quiet..... like a 4kW or something.  Of course we kept it
away from the stations and torroided all the NON-twisted pair power
cables coming off of it.
Killing errant signals is my passion.

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G