[RFI] KC2IEB’s RFI Journey

James Gordon Beattie Jr w2ttt at att.net
Fri Apr 16 21:57:05 EDT 2021

Chris,
Many utilities including power, telecom and cable use the Radar Engineers model 251 in the course of their work looking for these arcing noise sources.
It would be interesting to compare their features and cost.
Another common device is the Radar Engineers model 245, which isvessentially a noise receiver with an S meter bar graph.  Most hams use an AM radio or portable SDR.

Good luck with getting a crew to address your noise issue.
73,
Gordon Beattie,  W2TTT
201.314.6964