[RFI] RFI from arcing power pole 1.1 miles away (video capture of the arc)

Pete Smith N4ZR pete.n4zr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 15:18:53 EST 2021

Don's story reminded me - last weekend I, too, had bad arcing, though in
my case it was only really bad on 10 and 15 (where I actually have some
gain and directivity).  I sent an e-mail to Nick Bland, my BGE RFI guy,
and he stopped by this morning (!) to tell me that he had identified a
very similar failure to the one Don found, as well as another rotted
crossarm nearby.  He expects that BGE will act quickly on the arcing
cutout, perhaps in a day or less, since it may eventually fail open,
while the crossarm will go on the maintenance schedule.  Anyway, great
response time!

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite