[RFI] RG-400 UV Resistance?

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 13 22:08:29 EDT 2021

I have some RG-400 with which I'm making some K9YC CMCs. But I can't
find anything specific about the jacket's resistance to sunlight: only
that "FEP is resistant to sunlight." How resistant is it? Do I need to
worry about it cracking after a few years, or is it as good as anything
else, such as Belden 8267 (aka RG-213) in this regard?

Kim N5OP
--
Kim Elmore, Ph

Kim Elmore, Ph.D. (Adj. Assoc. Prof., OU School of Meteorology, CCM, PP
SEL/MEL/Glider, UAS, N5OP, 2nd Class Radiotelegraph, GROL)

/“I occasionally play works by contemporary composers and for two
reasons. First to discourage the composer from writing any more and
secondly to remind myself how much I appreciate Beethoven." – Jascha
Heifetz/