[RFI] RG-400 UV Resistance?

Gary Johnson gwj at wb9jps.com
Wed Jul 14 01:28:45 EDT 2021

Here is a relevant observation on Belden RG-304 which is similar. A 100 ft length was outside in NorCal weather for at least 18 years. I am reusing it regularly. The tan jacket darkened slightly. The paper strip with Belden info printed on it degraded a bit. The silver plated braid is darker due to some oxidation, which occurs over time with all coax that I’ve ever seen. Still easily soldered.

Years ago, I regularly specified FEP jacketed cable for long term use at China Lake and the Nevada Test Site. No weather related problems, and as a bonus the rats didn’t chew on it.

Gary NA6O