[RFI] OT Curiosity - Bel HB5-3/OVP-AB

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Thu Jul 15 17:52:49 EDT 2021

I got this supply as part of a purchase of a couple of SDRs.  It's
linear, input voltages of 100-240 volts, 5 volts at 3 Amps out, and has
a very elaborate rectifier/regulator board with a specialized regulator
IC.  In some respects it is tempting to keep around to power 5-volt
devices, but its physical packaging is awkward.  The transformer and
circuit board are mounted on an L-shaped piece of thick aluminum, which
has 8 large holes that seem intended for some sort of standard
mounting.  It is still for sale on the manufacturer's web site.

More to satisfy my curiosity than anything else, does anyone know what
it's intended for.

--
73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.