[RFI] Noise to identify

Cortland Richmond ka5s at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 6 17:33:22 EDT 2021

My thoughts are the same after hearing it; sounds like 120 Hz arcing so I suggest  turning off power for a  one-family dwelling, and if it goes away, turning off one fuse at a time.

Can't do that in an apartment for the whole building, but try the apartment fuses in case it's in the dwelling. and *then* one fuse at a time.

I use any handheld or larger wide coverage receivers on foot; in the car, larger wide-range receivers 2MHz - 3000MHz sometimes.

Cortland

ka5s