[RFI] Amana ASX16 vs. ASXC18 A/C Compressor

tony.kaz at verizon.net tony.kaz at verizon.net
Mon Jun 7 10:06:38 EDT 2021

Our local installers seem to focus on Amana and Carrier central air conditioning systems. Called Amana and Carrier. But they would only say they have heard of requests for RFI kits but would not give me any info. Said I needed to have our local installer call them. Local installers are not interested in calling or guaranteeing no RFI. Guess they have too much business here in upstate NY, especially based on their lead times.
So, I have not had any RFI with my present 25 year old systems that have single speed compressors and blowers. I assume I am reducing my chances from RFI by staying with that concept for the replacements - no variable speed motors for either the Amana or Carrier. Will have one unit installed and checked out before I have the second unit installed.

73,N2TK, Tony