[RFI] RF susceptibility of Ethernet

wa2lbi at gmail.com wa2lbi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 11:00:00 EDT 2021

Use Ethernet to fiber optic cable converters to isolate the endpoints from a direct connection.If you use POE (Power Over Ethernet) you will need a power injector at the end that needs power.  Ken  WA2LBI  LG G6 ------ Original message------From: Jim RhodesDate: Mon, Jun 7, 2021 10:00To: Tim Duffy;Cc: PVRC Submissions;Rfi List;Subject:Re: [RFI] RF susceptibility of EthernetI don't run much power, 100 watts max as I live in an apartment building,
but I have had several ethernet ports in my shack computers fail. The last
one since I moved into the apartment.  Before that I sometimes ran 500 to
1000 watts if needed. Currently using wifi, but am thinking of going back
to wired ethernet and using chokes like KF7P sells. I have never noticed
any rfi from the wired networks, just that every shack computer eventually
needs a new ethernet port. Other computers and other devices I have had no
problems with.

On Sun, Jun 6, 2021, 19:17 Tim Duffy  wrote:

> HI Dan:
>
> You might take a look at
 this:
> https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-iso-plus-2
>
> I use them here at K3LR and they work very well - to keep RF out of the
> Ethernet and to keep RFI from being emitted from the Ethernet system.
>
> Take a look at the reviews
>
> 73
> Tim K3LR

 might be a good idea as well. My