[RFI] Shielded CAT6 Ethernet cable

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Jun 10 19:57:09 EDT 2021

On 6/10/2021 4:15 PM, weaverwf at usermail.com wrote:
> Does anyone have a recommendation for a high quality CAT6 shielded Ethernet cable (bulk)?
>
> I’d appreciate any input. Comments on connectors would be welcome also. I’m new to making up my own cables and looking for a more reliable source of cables for around the shack.

Building your own Ethernet cable is not a simple matter, and requires a
special crimper. Ethernet cable is four twisted pairs, each twisted at a
different rate to minimize crosstalk. The pairs must be maintained
end-to-end at specific pins, so that each of the four circuits is a
twisted pair.

If I decided I needed shielded CAT cables, I'd buy them from a vendor I
trusted. I'm using only one Ethernet cable, between cable modem and WiFi
router. WiFi does everything else. It's a great solution to eliminate
another source of RFI.

73, Jim K9YC