[RFI] Filtration main/power supply/UPS

Hugo Loranger ve2_ugo at hotmail.com
Sun May 30 00:54:14 EDT 2021

Hi,

I notice that several guides exist to filter our coaxial lines and several contradictions in my research.

However, I am looking for a starting point to filter our power lines.
I recently purchased 2 UPS Cyberpower pure sinewave under recommendation in a guide. When running on battery I have more noise S9.
I thought I would get 2 boxes in metal for filtration for entry and exit with toroids. I don't want to have to redo multiple filters so I would like a big wideband filter that would shut down pretty much everything. I have toroid #61, #31 and #75. I intend to do my windings with # 10 wire.

What are the windings that I should respect?

To do this, I will take the opportunity to put a filter at the 120v output point which supplies my entire shack (computer and station).
Currently, I have a Tripp Lite PDUMH20-ISO pdu on my spg which feeds the 2 Cyberpower ups.
1 of the ups feeds the radio station and the other the computer system.
At the end of each ups he there is another pdu Tripp Lite PDUMH20-ISO.
I think the is good.
So I would like to add an excellent filter before the 1st pdu and to filter each ups in and out ...
I have already added clip on # 31 ferrites to the cables with no results. So I'm going to go with something better like a series of toroid of different types in series. Can you guide me?

I also don't see any recommendation to filter the ground. However, if the ground is considered "dirty" then it should be filtered too ...

Thanks!

Hugo