[RFI] Frustration thy name is 120hz

Mike Martin mike at rfiservices.com
Sat Oct 23 18:38:53 EDT 2021

Hello charles, that's kind of a tough question. If they corrected your problem it doesn't matter whether they spent 5 minutes or 5 hours. Many times I'm only there 10 or 15 minutes sometimes there an hour but if they corrected the problem it really doesn't matter. A loose staple on the ground wouldn't be considered 240 volts or 7,200 volts. The staple is holding the ground to the pole and the staple gets energized by induced voltage from the primary. if they found that staple loose, removed it and your noise is gone or if they tighten it the noise is gone. Either way if it's gone, it's gone and that's a good thing only time will tell. But by all means you give them the benefit of the doubt and take their word that they've corrected it until it comes back. Don't worry about the 7.2 KV side and less the noise comes back. Then no matter where it is they need to find it.
Congrats on the quiet!

⁣Be safe,
Mike Martin
RFI Services