[RFI] Splatter from AM Radio Station WNTS Indianapolis and Resolution

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Oct 26 17:54:49 EDT 2021

On 10/26/2021 2:22 PM, Gary Smith wrote:
> The very few who have asked me about unwanted signals, when I ask if
> their station is grounded, I get some strange looks and mumbles and
> usually "I gotta go home and check".

Most hams confuse Grounding and Bonding, which are VERY different. An
earth connection matters ONLY for lighting protection and electrical
safety. Bonding matters for those issues, and also minimizes hum, buzz,
and RFI. Bonding consists of tying together ALL earth electrodes, all
station equipment, the station common point, including antenna entry
panels and arrestors, towers that are adjacent to the house, etc.

73, Jim K9YC