[RFI] Splatter from AM Radio Station WNTS Indianapolis

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Oct 27 18:39:10 EDT 2021

On 10/27/2021 3:09 PM, Gary Peterson wrote:
> Neither intermod product can be nulled toward either transmitter site with the Faraday shielded loop antenna incorporated into the field intensity meter.

Yep, that pretty much rules out either of the plants as part of the
problem.

The intermod appears to be coming from multiple, multiple sources.
Probably, utility lines, mostly.

Several years ago, AC0C alerted us to the fact that MOVs have been
widely used on distribution lines for a while. Both a potential site for
mixing, and also a source of arcing as they degrade. After Jeff posted
the photo, I started identifying them around here.

73, Jim K9YC