[RFI] Splatter from AM Radio Station WNTS Indianapolis

Hare, Ed, W1RFI w1rfi at arrl.org
Wed Oct 27 19:41:26 EDT 2021

Keep in mind that a broadcaster is not legally responsible for intermodulation that is not occurring in its transmitter or in nearby equipment it owns and operates. If a "rusty bolt" on nearby electrical lines is creating harmonics or intermodulation, the broadcaster cannot control that. If the rusty bolt is on its tower, or the fence on the broadcasters property, or being generated by something on its site, it is responsible.

I find that most intermod occurs either very close to one of the involved transmitters or very close to the affected receiver.

Ed