[RFI] Working with Utilities

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Sep 11 15:47:34 EDT 2021

Lots of excellent advice here about tracking down impulse noise, which
is what power line noise is. But it's less likely to be useful for
electronically generated noise, like switch-mode power supplies and
power control electronics, like controllers for variable speed motors,
nor for systems using microprocessors.

One inportant correction though -- "Polarity" is the positive or
negative-going sense of a signal, like going through an inverting gain
stage, or turning a pair wires over. What you're talking about here is
"Polarization." And you're right that it can be very important.

73, Jim K9YC