[RFI] Working with Utilities

Charles Plunk af4o at twc.com
Sun Sep 12 15:42:40 EDT 2021

I will make this my last post on the thread. Will just say good luck to
anyone dealing with a defiant utility. Be prepared to spend endless
hours, money on location equipment, your station basically useless for
months, documenting, and digging in for the long haul. All to get them
to do what is law anyway. The system seems to be by design to where most
will just give up. Go park your car in the middle of a local ball-field,
golf course, etc and see how quickly that impediment to that hobby gets
resolved.

Oh, I never once reported a non-utility issue in my almost 20+ years of
trying to get this 7.2kv run clean. I am happy now that mine seems to
have finally come around. I do not know for sure but think much of it
may have to do with a new CEO. Last spring, they immediately offered to
send out an RFI location guy from their supplier and emails from the
supplier were cordial too. But I am reluctant to do that as the last one
they sent out was obviously not knowledgeable and had an attitude. Thus
I found it myself with all my RFI location gear built up over the last
20 years.

Sorry, its just frustrating to hear of other hams having these issues.
Especially with the OP stating a 5 year wait. That is way beyond ridiculous.

Chuck

W4NBO