[RFI] Working with Utilities

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Sep 13 17:40:00 EDT 2021

On 9/13/2021 8:15 AM, EDWARDS, EDDIE J via RFI wrote:
> Ed, W1RFI wrote:
> "Most of the text was written by ARRL staff, subject to many, many hours of arguing about the placement of hyphens."
>

> ...as well as the use of or not to use the word "noise" among many others.
>
> Mike Gruber and many others have done a terrific job keeping this IEEE standard moving forward towards completion.

Having worked on international Standards on the Standards Committee of
the Audio Engineering Society, I have deep understanding and
considerable experience with the critical importance of precision of
language in Standards writing. Virtually ALL of the Standards we produce
take years, and I worked on one very important one for nearly a decade!

73, Jim K9YC