[RFI] 8982 KHz RFI?

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Thu Sep 23 14:33:30 EDT 2021

So for what it is worth I monitor these frequencies a good deal of the
time, like right now and have heard numerous transmissions from Andrews
AFB (Mainsail), Puerto Rico, and the west coast, as well as unknown
aircraft requesting radio checks.

All 3 primary channels are clear of any RFI or interference and have
been for me. I will continue monitoring and will report back if I start
hearing any interference. It should be noted that here in Indiana late
at night only the lower frequencies have any propagation. So when the OP
stated he hears it at night I do not think it is coming from Russia esp
on 15 MHz or even 11 MHz. I use several outdoor antennas for the various
frequencies, like 40m dipole and 75m inv-v both with feedpoints at 70'. 73

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com (under repair)
Light travels faster than sound....