[RFI] Another Solar Panel RFI System

wx5l at charter.net wx5l at charter.net
Fri Dec 23 08:50:55 EST 2022

Ed,

Please remove Ms. Rosenworcel from this conversation.

It was Laura Smith, FCC Special Council, that made the comments what she
considers harmful interference and that the FCC will not step in regarding
this issue.

Maybe Ms. Smith made that comment on her own so Ms. Rosenworcel was not
aware.

So in context:

(Quote)

I will provide an official response:

First, so long as Solar Edge continues to work with the ARRL towards finding
a technical solution to the issue, the FCC will not step in.

Second, a noise level of S1 (or even S3) does not rise to the level of
"harmful" and the only person who can make that determination is me and I
have made it.

Laura Smith

Laura L Smith, Esq. | Special Counsel | Spectrum Enforcement Division |
Enforcement Bureau | Federal Communications Commission | 717-338-2577

(Unquote)

It may not be until smarter people than me can rewrite Parts 15 and 18 to
handle the new digital age, led and grow lights, solar panels and the
countless other devices that radiate RFI before we see a reversal in this
trend.

That will be a long and complicated road that at the moment is not on the
agenda.

73,

Randy

WX5L