[RFI] New RFI Discovery At Kings Park Solar Panel Installation

Tony 73guddx at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 17:00:49 EST 2022

All:

I just tested the power lines coming off my neighbors home and found
that the solar panel noise is making it's way onto the line. I attached
a probe on a long wooden pole I could hear the RFI along the length of
the line out to the curb. I couldn't measure beyond that point since the
power lines are out of reach.

The A/C lines inside the home are screaming with RFI and the noise
appears to have made it's way passed the meter and out to the pole.
There is no RFI detected on the power line entering my home so the RFI I
experience is radiated from the system and now possibly the power lines.

Solar Edge will be installing a new filter soon and I wonder how this
will affect they approach the problem?

Yes I know it was risky to get that close to live lines but my curiously
got he best of me. Should have done this a long time ago.

Tony -K2MO