[RFI] LED recessed lighting

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Jun 18 22:27:14 EDT 2022

On 6/18/2022 5:25 PM, David Hale wrote:
> oh of course! Why didn't I think of that?
> Another fellow also responded privately with a model from Home Depot that
> he uses with success, Commercial Electric model CER6730MWH27

Most hams are bathed in RF noise from all the stuff in their homes, and
the homes of their neighbors generating trash that we don't realize how
noisy any individual product is. For that reason, I NEVER trust
observations that a device is quiet unless I know that the ham has
carefully probed it with a battery operated radio held very close to it,
and to all wires connected to it. These links talk about how to do that.

http://k9yc.com/KillingReceiveNoise.pdf
http://k9yc.com/KillingRXNoiseVisalia.pdf

73, Jim K9YC