[RFI] Noisy Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS)

K9MA k9ma at sdellington.us
Mon Jun 19 20:48:35 EDT 2023

On 6/18/2023 2:02 PM, Wes Stewart via RFI wrote:
> A (really) preliminary look at RFI using my Perseus SDR and a single-turn loop shows some garbage while the unit is powered.  It gets much worse when it goes into backup mode.

It's really hard to tell whether RFI you see with a probe like that is
going to be an issue. They're most useful when you DO have an issue, and
you're trying to track down the source.

FWIW, I have a 1500 VA Cyberpower UPS in the station, and I've never
detected any RFI from it. However, my noise level is fairly high, so
there might be some detectable in a quiet QTH.

73,

Scott K9MA

--
Scott  K9MA