[RSM] FS: TS-590S

Jack vhfplus at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 22:08:12 EST 2018

As an addendum, I had forgotten that our Heil Proset 6 headset will not
work with the IC-7300 (it uses a condenser element and the TS-590S is a
dynamic element). If someone is interested in the rig we would be
willing to add the Heil headset for an additional $80 US. Our Proset 6
works well but does have a foam cover on the mic element that is
tattered. You'll be able to hear the rig and headset on the air in the
SSB SS this weekend. The Proset 6 presently lists for $168 US.

On 11/14/2018 1:33 PM, Jack wrote:
> Shelley and I sold quite a bit of equipment, books, and parts at the
> Thief River Falls Hamfest and have decided to use those funds to buy
> an IC-7300. To make that happen, however, we will have to sell our
> TS-590S.
>
> The rig is in very good condition and used regularly for contest
> operation (primarily CW/RTTY) but has also been used in SSB contests
> and casual FT-8 operation. To make FT-8 operation more reliable the
> high stability TCXO has been installed. It will also come with the
> original hand mike, DC power cord, USB cable for computer interface,
> and manuals. If desired we can include the W3YY CW/FSK/PTT keying
> interface card (with which I have a problem in the CW keying circuit)
> and an ugly, but functional, single transistor keying card for CW. The
> only issue with these cards is they must be used with a DB-9 serial
> port on your computer. We can also include the microphone adapter
> cable that we use with our Heil headset (8-pin Kenwood mic connector
> to 3.5mm sockets on pigtails for PTT and MIC). We do have the original
> carton for the rig as well.
>
> Asking $650 US and we can deliver to Winnipeg if desired. The rig is
> in Kenora for this weekend's SSB SS so, if we find a buyer, it would
> be convenient to arrange delivery on Monday on our way back home.
>
> If there are any questions you may e-mail or call at 218-686-5886.

73,

Jack, VE3RUA/W6NF