[RSM] VY1AAA and VE4EA BERU SO-Open12(A)

Cary Rubenfeld carys1 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 17:05:10 EDT 2019

1st Ever BERU -- so not sure what a good score is.  Late Saturday, worked a
VE7 from VY1AAA and he said "Huge score!" so that made me feel good.

Plan was for Cary, VE4EA, to operate his station (and do perhaps some
shared M/S time.)   Cary is currently in Palm Springs, CA.   Well, there
was an explosion of a power line underground near the condo his renting...
So he could not get on.  I don't know how many other VE4s were on.
I'm not even sure what they will think of Remote from two stations with the
same op.   I never worked VE4, and it was impossible to work each other as
only one
remote on my end.

About 6.5 hours on each station.

VE4EA:

  Band     QSOs     Pts  Cty  Sec  Pt/Q
     7      82    1210   38    5  14.8
    14      81    1245   35    5  15.4
    21       2      50    2    0  25.0
 Total     165    2505   75   10  15.2
Score: 2,505
1 Mult = 1.9 Q's

VY1AAA:

 Band     QSOs     Pts  Cty  Sec  Pt/Q
   3.5       7     155    7    0  22.1
     7      23     495   19    1  21.5
    14     103    1595   48    6  15.5
 Total     133    2245   74    7  16.9
Score: 2,245
1 Mult = 1.6 Q's

Conditions were really very decent.  Funny thing: Working Africa from VE4
was difficult.  After struggling from VE4, went to do some VY1AAA, and they
were S9+.
15 was very dry -- tried a few moves but no luck.
Nice G run (~30 mins) on 40 from VE4 mid-afternoon.
Tons of VK/ZL from VY1 -- on 40 and 20.  A few on 80.  Seemed endless on 20.

I've never seen the K3 S-meter pin.   On Saturday afternoon, VE5MX did it
to VY1.

Thanks for the good ears when things were tough.

I wish Canada Day had as much activity!!  Worked VO1 to VE7+VY0,(From Both
stations, except no VE4 from either!)  Saw VE8 Spot, but nada there.

73, Gerry VE1RM_