[RSM] VY1AAA and VE4EA BERU SO-Open12(A)

Tom Haavisto kamham69 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 00:36:27 EDT 2019

Hi Gerry

The BERU contest is... strange.  You cannot work folks from your own area,
so no working VE4's from MB.  For me, no working VE3.  In England, they
cannot work other G stations!  That is where the HQ stations come in - they
are their own area, so can work everyone.

There are no mults, so scores are... low

Typically, there is a lot of rare stations on from Africa, and this tends
to drive U.S. stations crazy.  3B8, 9J2, C5, etc. calling CQ BERU and not
working U.S. stations...  Oh yaa.  They love that.
We are also (technically) limited to 750 watts out.

Wait for the results to come out, but I agree - I think you did well :-)

Tom - VE3CX