[RSM] 10-Meter Contest

Jack vhfplus at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 00:09:29 EST 2020

I just sent this to the MWA:

> The first few hours was almost nostalgic. It reminded me of 6-meters
> in my early years in VHF contesting (early 1960s) and it was fun even
> with a limited station.
>
> Stations were there almost all the time and would pop above the noise
> long enough to be worked then gone. 41 Qs and 19 mults (including all
> the 4th district except NC). I even got MN courtesy of W0RX. SC was
> worked at 0422 then, at about 0430, someone flipped the propagation
> switch here in the MWA hinterland!
>
> I am looking forward to tomorrow. I think it will be very good and
> I'll get Shelley on for a few SSB Qs to help get us to the 100%
> participation goal.

I want to thank VE4EA for helping me work XE1CT. I had been trying to
work him for a long time but Cary got his attention and he must have
turned his beam this way. After Cary worked him it took only three more
calls to get him in my log. Thanks Cary.

Little VE activity heard but I did hear VE5MX who was, unfortunately,
S&P. I am looking forward to tomorrow.

73,

Jack, VE3RUA/K0JP