[RSM] RAC Winter

Jack vhfplus at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 00:05:33 EST 2020

I just looked at my e-mails and saw spots about how awful things are.
Well, 40 has been dismal and I have heard NO SSB activity at all on any
band.

That said, 80 has been good and 160 has been killer! I am actually
hearing EU on the long-wire on 160 but they are weak and I cannot work
them. I can work practically anything I can hear in W/VE on both bands.
Just managed to work VE9XX on 80 with a surprisingly strong signal. NL,
NS, and PE have all been heard on 80 but not worked, mostly due to QRM
from many calling stations. I have four mults on 160 (AB/ON/QC/SK) which
is quite unusual.

I heard VE4RAC on 80 at the start and tried calling for quite a while.
Even with a signal peaking S9 here I could not get their attention.
Don't know if it was VE4EA or someone else. Maybe I'll get the MB mult
after dark tomorrow.

Looking forward to tomorrow but I sure wish I were operating from Kenora!

73,

Jack, VE3RUA/K0JP