[RSM] RAC Winter

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mymts.net
Sat Dec 19 22:52:46 EST 2020

Saturday ended up being far better than Friday night suggested.

My pipsqueak station at home worked even better than I hoped: answers to CQs from Hungary, Finland, Belgium. Breaking through pileups on VY1RAC, VY2RAC and VO1HP despite being unable to rotate beam. Worked most of the RAC stations on multiple bands. Ran for bits on every band I tried from 80-15.

Friday was a writeoff, evident by finding GV having taken VE4RAC to 80 very, very early. When Mr. 2el at 70 goes to an inverted vee with almost no enclosed angle, you know 40 is terrible. Even 40 got way better Saturday.

73, kelly, ve4xt

Band QSOs Pts Sec Pt/Q
3.5:   58      368  7     6.3
7:      76      548  8    7.2