[RSM] VE6RAC - A Very Lonely Night

K0JP vhfplus at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 23:15:32 EDT 2020

I had a similar experience while running on 20 (yes 20 was good enough
that I did have a couple of decent runs). While calling CQ I heard a
weak station also CQing frequency. I listened and found it was VY1RAC!
It was a difficult Q but he went in the log, too. I would have never
found him had he not been under my nose.

It was a very good Canada Day event. No Multi/Single...Shelley was not
inclined to operate (saving herself for the DL-DX RTTY) so I did an
SOLP/AB. The number of Canadian stations and RACs worked this year was
incredible and the points per Q increased my score significantly. (412
Qs/66,240 points last year and 433 Qs/89,284 points this year).

No VE4 in the log but I did try working VE4VT and VE4CDX to no avail. A
huge number of VE3s, especially on 20 where propagation was short,
helped the QSO total.

73,

Jack, VE3RUA/K0JP