[RSM] VE3RUA NAQP Result Addendum

Jack Parker vhfplus at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 15:20:50 EDT 2021

A few additional observations:

1) The new antenna is a half-wave on 40...approximately 63-feet long (a
good reason for it not working well on 80 and 160). And, yes, that's a tall
tree. Thank goodness for my pneumatic fishing line launcher.  I knew the
antenna would work well on 20-meters given my first QSO with it was E77EA
and on one call at that!

2) There was a huge amount of activity from the Northern California Contest
Club. They fielded 9 teams! Minnesota Wireless Association activity seemed
down for this NAQP running.

3) I had the unusual experience of working two two-fers yesterday. I rarely
hear this happen but on two occasions there were two stations calling CQ
perhaps 10 or 20Hz apart. I threw out my call and had both stations come
back to me on both occasions! I sent my exchange not knowing what would
happen. To my surprise I got all four Qs with just the two calls. Is that
even legal? ;>)

Jack, VE3RUA/K0JP
Shelley, K0MKL