[RSM] K3KU RAC Winter

Art Boyars artboyars at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 09:59:41 EST 2021

SOLP  41 QSOs  10 Provinces  3,600 points
Radiosport Manitoba

First operation since replacing my feedline on Wednesday. (The old ladder
line was, indeed, open circuit somewhere). I did not even have time to make
sure that the new feedline was properly connected. So, antenna was
something between a 200-ft dipole at about 50 feet, and 50 feet of coax at
ground level.

I managed to get on for the last hour.  I tried mostly to S&P for Canadians
since it is their contest, but I couldn't find them fast enough by tuning
the big knob. Hence, I did some CQing, which was more productive,
especially on 80M SSB.

Three RAC QSOs; 28 other VE/VA; 10 USA

Biggest thrill was finding and working VE6TL on 7042, almost covered by a
bunch of RTTY stations.  My connection with Jerry runs through Winnipeg and
RSM.

Did not hear any MB, despite the great efforts from VE4CDX and VE4VT (aka
VE4RAC).  Happy to QSO VE3CX; sad to miss VE3RUA.

Thanks for the QSOs.  I hope to be looking for you full bore on July 1. Or
maybe Cary and Gerry will have me doing remote by then.  Whatever, it will
be a Happy Canada Day!

73, Art K3KU/VE4VTR

Virus-free.
www.avg.com