[RSM] Winter Break!

Art Boyars artboyars at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 02:11:21 EST 2022

While preparing to forward the W3LPL propagation forecast I saw this item
that K3ZJ forwarded to the PVRC Reflector.  I don't know where he got it;
maybe you already saw it.

Here is an opportunity to escape the Canadian Prairie Winter for a bit.
And if any VE4/5/6s do make the trip, the ones left behind will be all that
much more popular.

73, Art K3KU/VE4VTR
=======================
Contesters,

We have three open spots on the PJ2T team for ARRL DX CW in February.
Normally we have a big gang of CCC club members for this contest, but
many of our PJ2T regular members are reluctant to travel. Can you help us?

COVID - Key Facts

* COVID on Curacao is stable and manageable. Masks are worn in
stores, and large gatherings are cancelled. All other parts of life
continue as normal.
* The testing requirements are easy to navigate: 48 hour PCR negative
at the time your flight leaves for Curacao
* Third day on the island rapid antigen test, and we expect to get
the technician to come to the QTH to do these tests. $35/person, very
quick and easy.
* Reentering U.S. requires rapid antigen test taken no more than one
day before departing for the States, 20 minutes, 20 dollars, quick
and easy for us.
* A positive result might require staying a few extra days at PJ2T,
with a free bedroom and lots of available radios.
* Verifly works nicely for outbound travel from the island.
* Not one of our incoming, 3rd day, or outgoing COVID tests has been
positive across 27 visitors who came in fall of 2021.
* All above is fluid.

ARRL CW Contest at PJ2T - Key Facts

* We have rented a beautiful oceanfront house with a pool (photo)
five minutes walk from the PJ2T shack.
* There is one private bedroom and bathroom remaining if you wish to
bring a partner. Two other beds remain in roommate rooms.
* Plan is for a multi/multi operation.
* K3s, AL-1200s, and N1MM+ operating environment. Air conditioned shack.
* Meals cooked and served by the swimming pool on site -- W0CG's
partner Dorothy will feed us like kings. This is not Bouvet,
hurricane tents, and Zodiac landings.
* Shared costs for all lodging, food, beer, station expenses normally
around $900 per operator. Your spouse comes at no cost except some
additional meals. Zero profit is made -- we simply cover our team
expenditures, dollar for dollar.
* American Airlines flies twice daily to Curacao from Miami.

Dorothy and I were on site from mid-October to mid-December. We found
the COVID test requirements to be easy to navigate and completely
rational. We are, of course, fully vaccinated and boosted, and will
require that all ops coming to the station be vaccinated and boosted
for your and everyone else's protection.

You can count on sunshine, 85 degree weather, and 84 degree ocean
water, and lots of loud signals.  If you think you'd like to give
this a shot, drop me a line and we'll get together on the phone.

   Thanks, 73,

         - Geoff, W0CG, PJ2DX, Coeur d Alene, Idaho

Geoff Howard <ghoward at kent.edu

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>