[RTTY] S56A TARA problems

Phil Cooper Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 17:51:20 -0000

Hi all,

Just to say (as per the comments from Mario S56A) that there is also a
slight delay with WF1B and MMTTY. It seems to me that the delay time is
variable, perhaps being something to do with the way Windows polls the
ports??
Fortunately, it isn't so bad that it makes the whole thing impossible, but
it can be a pain at times.
Not sure how WL handles it, but if you want to call someone in response to a
CQ, then it is occasionally easier to send from MMTTY.

I have also noticed that with the WF1B + MMTTY combo, if you try and change
the settings in MMTTY, it causes the WF1B part to reset, showing USE
CTRL-C-R to Receive, and CTRL-C-S to transmit (or something like that!), and
I cannot get it to go back to Tx or Rx, and all I can do is to close WF1B
and restart it.
I guess that is a drawback of trying to get a DOS program running with a
Windows program!

Also, as per Mario, we too had great difficulty in getting a run going, but
found that the W's and VE's heard us easily. Not too much activity on 80,
but that ain't my band! Picked up some nice mults on 40 though, and saw some
very high QSL totals!

73, and thanks to all for the QSO's in TARA
Phil GU0SUP

PS........................ what format is anyone using in WF1B for the OK
test? Looks like I used the EA contest format last year.