[RTTY] ANARTS e-mail Logs

Shelby Summerville k4ww@home.com
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 05:05:33 -0400

Bob Stewart wrote:  "Those of us that sent logs by e-mail to Colin shortly
after the ANARTS contest may have fallen into a Cyber hole. The Telecom
company that was Colin's ISP collapsed and closed down. I sent my log a week
after the contest and it did not bounce. However today Colin confirms that
he did not receive the log."
It seems to me that this is another GREAT reason for contest
managers to either "confirm receipt" of logs or have a place
on their web site for the entrants to verify that their logs were
received. The "non receipt" of a log has happened to me
twice this contest "season", and while I don't blame anyone
in particular, it sure leaves an "empty feeling" when the scores
are published, especially if I have had a reasonably good score,
and not be listed! Maybe I have been at this "game" too long,
and "vanity" has replaced "common sense"?
C'Yall in NAQP
Shelby,