[RTTY] GU0SUP SOAB(LP) WAE 2001

Phil Cooper Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 20:57:51 -0000

Hi one and all.................

Well, did you enjoy the QTC's or what???

Soapbox first, then I'll show you my score!
Couldn't start until late on the Saturday afternoon, due to too many other
things happening here. We had a mini storm wind that decided to take my
little greenhouse for a walk across the patio, upending allsorts, including
the dustbin, earlier in the week, so that needed to be cleared up. Add to
that the fact that I still haven't shrugged off a dose of flu that I got a
week ago, and I really wasn't feeling up to serious contesting. Once I did
start, I found that my antenna was playing up. I'll have to sort that out
soon, but maybe it just needs a clean.
So, not bad conditions, but at times I wondered what was happening.
Some nice high-points, and a few lows. Managed to work 4K6DI for a new one,
which was really nice, plus ZL2AMI on 10m and CN8KD on 4 bands, and 10 for a
new one. What a blast to finally get VE6RAJ! And a good signal here as well!
Hey, and George is back in town!
The downside was not hearing HK0GU at all! And then having a certain station
deliberately QRM me while I was trying to send QTC's just because I didn't
work him first. Serious case of bad manners!

I got given serial numbers of way over 1000 here after about 36 hours in, so
I guess there are gonna be some really big scores submitted.

Thanks to DARC, and to all who heard me, and now here is my feeble score:
WAEDC RTTY Contest 2001

Call used: GU0SUP
Location:  Guernsey
Entry Class: Single Op, All Band

Band    QSOs   Pts  QTCs Mults
80          0         0     0        0
40         30       30    0       23
20         68       68   20      32
15         82       82   70       32
10         73       73   50       31
-----   ----  ----  ----  ---- ---- ----
Total    253   253   140     118

--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 101787

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v5.02

Power Output: 60 watts into a half-size G5RV

Very best 73 to all
Phil GU0SUP
1 Clos au Pre
La Hougue du Pommier