[RTTY] GU0SUP SOAB(LP) WAE 2001

Kok Chen kchen@apple.com
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 14:43:10 -0800

On Monday, November 12, 2001, at 12:57 PM, Phil Cooper wrote:

> The downside was not hearing HK0GU at all!

I searched and searched on Saturday without finding HK0GU
to pounce on.  Then, out of the blue, I found Gerd exchanging
reports and QTC with AH6OZ!

Bad news; Gerd was S&P.

I found 1 kc up was clear, waited for the QTC to finish, and
started calling HK0GU there.  Guess who answered!  If my
center of gravity weren't so low, I would have fallen off my chair!

After the contests I saw HK0GU spotted on 12m CW.  But, just
as I tuned to that frequency, I copied Gerd saying he was going
to QSY 10 kc down.  Went there and issued a few calls and listened
really carefully... no Gerd.

Had my luck run out?  Well, no.   A minute later, another kc lower,
I found HK0GU giving out a report.  Got my HK0 on CW, which is
really the mode that I needed anyway, having confirmed HK0 on
RTTY and SSB a few years earlier.

Thanks for the exciting chases, Gerd!

73
Chen, AA6TY