[RTTY] RESULTS - Tuning up or down?

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au@bellsouth.net
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:20:48 -0600

Thanks to all that responded to this thread.

I received many more private replies than those on the reflector.
Although I don't have specific numbers, the majority of replies were
from those that start at the bottom of the band and S&P going up.

Only 3 start from the top and went down.

And some go both ways!

For the one that thought we must be really bored to discuss this
thread - yes - we are bored.  There is no RTTY contest this weekend!

Regardless, this little bit of insight will help me in the future (I hope).
Next time I'm chasing an S&P station, I'll tune higher in frequency instead
of lower (depending on where I spot them on the band).

And maybe, just maybe, that one multiplier that I chase who's also S&P,
will be the one that will allow me to top K3MM in NAQP, W2UP in CQWW,
JH4UYB in JARTS and K4GMH in WAE next year.  All of which posted
higher scores than me by only a very small amount - to the point where a
multiplier or two may have made a difference.

Hope to see everyone in the TARA Sprint.
73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com