[RTTY] MFJ 1278B TNC and TS-2000

Wes Quinn wes_quinn@yahoo.com
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:37:31 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I just subscribed to this list and I recently bought a Kenwood
TS-2000 radio.  I have owned the MFJ-1278B TNC for some time now and
I used to be able to use it with an older Yaesu rig.  The TS-2000 has
a 13 pin DIN and I used the spare cable from the TNC and made the
solder connections to the 13 pin DIN.

I can get the TNC to transmit the radio, but on receive I get a bunch
of letters that don't spell anything.  I have my radio in FSK mode,
is there anything else that I need to set up on my radio?

Since I can get the radio to transmit, that part of the wire looks to
be soldered well and working.  Could it be the solder connections on
the receive signal aren't correct or is it a setup in the rig?

I read on another list that the TS-2000 needs a service mod to make
the data port work correctly on older versions, but my radio begins
with a 30 serial number.

I appreciate any help, especially if you have an MFJ 1278B TNC and a
Kenwood radio (or a TS-2000 is even better).

TIA,
Wes Quinn - K4WES
Pittsboro, NC