[RTTY] Modifications

Bob Boyd w1vxv@adelphia.net
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 04:52:27 -0700

Hi John,

Speaking as another former user of WF1B RTTY, I share your feelings, but
do what you suggest would require an investment of several thousand
dollars
(probably nearer $5000) in software.  Ray realized that, and saw that
there was no way that he was going to get his investment back.
Furthermore, there
are some competitive products out there now that use the DSP
capabilities of
the sound-card to provide even better performance (MMTTY and especially
MIXW).  The WF1B source code is readily available on the
www.rttyinfo.net web site, should anyone want to experiment.

73, Bob - NT1V (programmer-analyst since 1967)

Sign Up for NetZero Platinum Today
Only $9.95 per month!