[RTTY] Check the mail before downloading...

Bruce Miller galljug@btl.net
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 05:48:46 -0600

Hi Guys,

Well way out in the jungle with a very slow connection  (READ 4,800) I also
do not like SPAM or even large unsolicited messages.

There are a few programs out there,free at that, that can screen the email
before you download it.

One is MailWasher, other is Email Remover.  these go into your ISP and list
what email you have in your que.

You can then pre-screen it and delete, and or bounce it.

Then once you get rid of the span you can down load your real mail

In the office here we often get 80-150+ message per day.  I would say 70%
are spam.

Worth a quick search for one of these programs to get rid of the stuff you
do not want and keep it off you machine.

If I can get my act together see many of you in TARA this week end.

Need to get back on the air...

Cheers.