[RTTY] PSK31 RTTY Roundup plaque

Barry w2up@mindspring.com
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 01:02:44 -0000

I'd like to thank the editors of QST for, again, sponsoring the
PSK31 plaque in the RTTY Roundup, which I received today.

As I am now 2 for 2 winning this plaque, I am announcing my
retirement from PSK31 contesting, to give someone else a chance
to win it. A few comments about this award:
1. It's pretty easy to win, as there is little competition.
2. Because there's little competition, you don't have to operate
anywhere near the whole contest.
3. Because the QSO rate is pretty slow (even with SO2R) you can
watch a football game or do something else while you operate.
4. It's a mysterious award, as there are no results published for
PSK31, other than the plaque winner.
GL,
Barry W2UP