[RTTY] RE: Chen's view of the conditions!

Kok Chen chen@mac.com
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:56:31 -0700

On Tuesday, October 23, 2001, at 08:19 AM, Bill Turner wrote:

> If someone comes back to me with
> my call wrong, I just resend my call several times until he gets it
> right.  Then go on with the exchange.

I guess I violate this one of Bill's rule most of the time.

Quite often, AA6TY is corrupted into AA6OY.  So, if I see AA6OY,
I would still send my exchange, hoping that my decoder was the
one that made the mistake.  Works quite often.

I see <garbage>XTY quite often, too. And I reply to that.

I just go back and pester the poor guy when his next reply is also
wrong.  Perhaps I should follow Bill's rule in the future.

BTW, I was saved many times by people who used

AA6TY 599-11-11 AA6TY

Because of AGC and what nots, the first couple of characters
are very prone to errors.

73
Chen, AA6TY