[RTTY] Which RTTY Program To Use ??

Robert Kennedy amtor@hotmail.com
Mon, 03 Sep 2001 00:21:23

At one time, Brain released RITTY as shareware.  A good thing since RITTY
will not run on many PC's.  RITTY requires a TRUE SoundBlaster sound card.
It will NOT run on the vast majority of sound card clones.  I also
understand that RITTY will NOT run on many of the newer PCI SoundBlaster
cards.  You best bet is to use a Genuine ISA SoundBlaster card.

Version 2.xx of RITTY also supported PACTOR 1 (as well as RTTY).  It is one
of the few sound card programs for PACTOR 1.

The newer versions of RITTY ONLY support RTTY.

I understand that Brain still sells licences to version 2.38 (for RTTY and
Pactor) as well as the latest version of RITTY for RTTY only.

You can download the SHAREWARE version of RITTY version 2.38 at
http://home.wanadoo.nl/nl9222/software.htm

I understand that Brian has decided NOT to release the latest versions of
RITTY as shareware due to piracy concerns.

If you are considering purchasing RITTY, I would recomend that you download
version 2.38 and make sure it runs on your PC first.

73's
Rob