[RTTY] Which RTTY Program To Use ??

Bill Turner w7ti@dslextreme.com
Tue, 04 Sep 2001 08:38:01 -0700

On Mon, 03 Sep 2001 00:21:23, Robert Kennedy wrote:

>If you are considering purchasing RITTY, I would recomend that you download
>version 2.38 and make sure it runs on your PC first.

As mentioned before, RiTTY needs a genuine Soundblaster 16 ISA card.
For those who may not know what ISA cards look like, they are the
old-style PC boards with large gold fingers printed on the edge.  Be
sure your computer has an ISA slot available.

Used Soundblaster 16 ISA cards are always available on eBay.  I just did
a quick search and found about a dozen; prices are in the $10-15 range.
I paid $12 for mine several years ago.

One caution:  If you are going to run RiTTY in pure DOS mode, be sure to
get the driver software when you buy the card.  If you run it under
Win98 (like I do), you won't need the software.  Win98 handles it
automatically.

73, Bill W7TI