[RTTY] The RTTY World Rank List

Hill, Don dhill@cprk.com
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 14:07:19 -0500

Waldemar asked me to look over his website and his ranking system
before he made it public.  I looked at it yesterday and was quite
impressed with the amount of time and detail he has put into it.

In a nutshell, what he has done (for his own enjoyment) was to create
a ranking system for Single Operator All Band RTTY stations.  His results
come from the official results of 17 of the RTTY contests throughout the
year.  (Waldemar, you might want to think about adding the results of
the TARA RTTY Sprint also - we missed this one - it passes all the
criteria for inclusion - decision is yours of course.)

His ranking system is perpetual, meaning it is continual (it is not
year to year).  When the results come out for a particular contest, it
replaces the results for that contest from the prior year.

His system gives more weight to those contests with more activity
(the more QSO's in a given contest, the more points awarded for that
particular contest - example would be that more points are awarded
for the WPX than the XE contest, etc.)

It's an interesting concept he has devised.  What's really neat about
it is, the more contests you submit logs for, the better your ranking.
There are some callsigns in the top ten that might surprise you.

The ranking system is for Single Operator, All Band only.  Which means
if you were a Single Band entrant in any of the listed contests, then
you received no points for that contest.  Such is the case for me in
the 2001 BARTG when I went Single Band 10 meters.  This is understandable
because it's an SOAB ranking system not just single operator.

As you can see by the list, there are 1282 callsigns - a nice list
to check against your own Master Callsign Database!

Thanks Waldemar for sharing your RTTY World Rank List with us.

73, Don AA5AU